In the majority of Minnetonka’s parks, there are off-leash areas and leash required areas. Since we do not have any fenced off-leash areas, knowing where off-leash is allowed can be a bit challenging. Here are some guidelines:
Dogs must be leashed in the following areas:
- Parking lots
- While on or within 15 feet of a paved trail
- While on or within 15 feet of a gravel trail
- On mowed grass
- Near picnic areas
- Near playground areas
Please note, leashes must not be greater than 6 feet in length.
Dogs can be off-leash in the following areas:
- Non-mowed grassy areas
- Dirt paths created by people and pets in the non-mowed areas.
Rules for the ‘off-leash’ areas:
- The dog must be in sight of the owner/handler at all times.
- The dog must be under voice command at all times.
Rules for the entire park:
- Owner/handler must have a leash (no greater than 6 feet in length) with them at all times.
- “Electronic leashes” are not considered a proper leash.
- Owner must pick up after their dog from all areas of the park.
The above rules are enforced by City Ordinance 1135: Park Regulations.
Help us keep our parks safe for all users by following these rules!