It’s time for the City of Minnetonka’s annual photo contest. Enter your best photo to compete for votes and recognition. Facebook fans will vote for First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention honors. One photo will also receive the Minnetonka Award, which will be chosen by the park board. The contest will not include categories this year.
Rules and instructions
All photos must be taken in Minnetonka. Photographers may submit one photo. All submissions are subject to approval by the City of Minnetonka.
To enter, email your photo to Communications Coordinator Jessi Ebben at firstname.lastname@example.org. The city will begin accepting submissions Friday, Sept. 8. All entries must be received by Friday, Sept. 29, at 4:30 p.m.
Facebook fans to choose winners Oct. 9-13
- The contest will take place the week of Oct. 9-13 on the city’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofminnetonka.
- The city will create a Facebook album featuring all submissions by Monday, Oct. 9 at noon.
- Facebook fans will be asked to vote for their favorite photo by “liking” it.
- The top three photos with the most “likes” will earn First, Second and Third Place, and the next seven will receive Honorable Mention. If two (or more) photos receive the same number of votes, both will receive recognition.
- Winners will be announced Friday, Oct. 13, after voting ends.
- The top three and Honorable Mention will advance to the Minnetonka Park Board to select the Minnetonka Award winner, which will be announced the week of Oct. 16.
Follow the city at facebook.com/cityofminnetonka for your chance to vote!
Winning photos will be featured on the city’s social media accounts, on the city website and in the Minnetonka Memo. Winners will also receive a certificate and recognition at a city council meeting.
Please note, all entries will become the property of the City of Minnetonka and may be used in city publications.