Dispose of medicines at free drop boxes
Hennepin County residents can drop off unused medicines at several drop boxes throughout the county.
One of these drop boxes is conveniently located in Minnetonka at the Ridgedale District Court, located at 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, MN 55305. Hours are as follows:
- 10 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday
- 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 12–5 p.m.
You can find other locations on the Hennepin County Medicine Disposal page.
Medicine from households will be accepted, including:
- Prescription medicines, including controlled substances
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Vitamins and supplements
- Pet medicines
- No needles, sharps or syringes
- No medicines from businesses, including healthcare facilities, pharmacies, pharmaceutical representatives, doctors’ offices and veterinary clinics
- Bring medicines in their original packaging or container
- No ID required
Proper disposal is important
- Prescription drug abuse is a growing problem, especially among teens.
- Accidental poisonings from medicines are also on the rise.
- Medicines flushed down the drain or disposed of in the trash can contaminate water, harm wildlife and pollute drinking water.
For more information, visit www.hennepin.us/medicine or call 612.348.3777.