If you have questions about temporary outdoor advertising signs in Minnetonka, such as open house or garage sale signs, or if you have had a sign impounded, please call 952.939.8293.
Temporary advertising sign requirements
(City Code 300.30.9.k)
- May only be displayed from 6:00 a.m. on Thursday to 6:00 p.m. on the following Sunday. Signs are not allowed Monday through Wednesday;
- Must be at least 5 feet from the edge of a public street;
- Must not be located within the right-of-way of state or county roads;
- Must have the consent of the underlying property owner;
- Must not be posted on fences, trees, or utility poles;
- Must not obstruct driver visibility at intersections;
- Must be no larger than 3 square feet in area and no higher than 6 feet above the ground;
- Limited to one per parcel of property for the same topic, location, event or matter.
- If you have any questions, please call the planning division at 952.939.8290.