Available below are several applications that residents may need to request various services from the Minnetonka Police Department. If you need more information about these applications, please visit the related page indicated by each application.
- Block Party Application
- If you are planning a block party, parade, race or other special event in your neighborhood that requires closing the street, please submit a Block Party Application (PDF) to the Minnetonka Police Department. These types of events may also require a Temporary Parking Permit Application and Resident Consent (PDF).
- Handgun permit
- Current Minnesota state law requires a permit from the police agency in the community in which you live, to purchase a handgun and then a more restrictive permit and application process to carry a handgun. Permit applications must be submitted during normal business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Permit to Purchase/ Transfer—Application Form
- House Check Request
- If you are leaving your home for an extended period of time, you are encouraged to notify a trusted neighbor or another person who can check on your home in your absence and assume responsibility for handling any issues that may arise. Neighbors are your primary source of protection. However, you may also submit a House Check Request (PDF) to the Minnetonka Police Department. If time permits, a police officer will attempt to check your residence in your absence. Learn more about Neighborhood Watch in Minnetonka.
- Misconduct Allegation
- The Minnetonka Police Department engages in a community policing philosophy, focusing on building respectful relationships with residents, schools and businesses. However, if you feel you have observed misconduct by a Minnetonka police officer, you may submit an Allegation of Misconduct Form (PDF) to the Minnetonka Police Department. You may also contact the Minnetonka Police Department at 952.939.8500 and ask to speak with a supervisor.
- Multiple Animal Location Permit Application
- The city requires that any household with more than two dogs, five cats or five cats and dogs combined that are over the age of six months submit a Multiple Animal Location Permit Application (PDF). Learn more about Pet Ownership in Minnetonka.
- Off-Duty Overtime Request Form
- Companies or individuals may for various reasons require the services of an off-duty police officer. To request these services, and to learn what costs are involved, please review and submit an Off-Duty Overtime Request Form (PDF).
- Temporary Parking Permit Application and Resident Consent Form
- If you are planning a large event in your neighborhood or at your home, learn more about the city’s parking regulations and see the answers to frequently asked parking questions. Then, if necessary, complete and submit a Temporary Parking Permit Application and Resident Consent Form (PDF).