Domestic Violence

If a family, household member, or someone with whom you have had a romantic or intimate relationship has physically hurt you, threatened to physically hurt you, or harassed you, there are resources available to help.

You can ask the court for an Order for Protection, with no filing fee. For assistance in writing a request for an order, call the Domestic Abuse Service Center at 612.348.5073. Advocates will also explain the civil and criminal court processes and provide referrals to other services.

If you are a city of Minnetonka resident, Sojourner Project can assist in writing your request for an order. Sojourner Project is an organization serving battered women and their children in a number of southwestern suburbs, and can also provide a safe house. Call the 24-hour crisis line at 952.933.7422.