Annual Photo Contest
City photo contest entries due Friday, September 5
The city of Minnetonka is hosting the annual photo contest in conjunction with the Fire Department and City Open House. Below are this year’s contest rules!
- Photographers must be residents of Minnetonka.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Photos must be appropriate for posting in city government publications. Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed model release form.
- Entries may be digital images or color or black-and-white prints. You are encouraged to submit a digital image.
- Digital images should be emailed to email@example.com or submitted on a CD. Images should be submitted in JPEG (high quality) format. Please submit digital images at the original size and resolution at which they were taken.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Prints must be labeled with name and address. If submitting multiple entries, number each print to match a corresponding entry form.
- Up to three entries may be submitted. Only one entry per photographer, per category.
- Submit each photo in one of three categories:
- Lifestyle Minnetonka (cityscapes, people, activities)
- Natural Minnetonka (landscapes, plants)
- Wild Minnetonka (animals, pets)
- Photos will not be returned and become the property of the city of Minnetonka to be used in city publications.
All photos must be submitted by Friday, September 5, at 4:30 p.m.
A first-, second-, and third-place entry will be selected. In addition, a People’s Choice Award will be chosen by attendees at the Oct. 7 Open House. Winning photos will be published on the city website and in the Minnetonka Memo; and a certificate of appreciation will be presented to the winners at a city council meeting.