If you have questions about temporary outdoor advertising signs in Minnetonka, such as open house or garage sale signs, or if you have had a sign impounded, please call 952.939.8205 and leave your name, phone number and your question. Messages will be checked twice daily by staff, and calls will be returned within 24 hours.
Temporary advertising sign requirements
(City Code 300.30.9.k)
- May only be displayed from 6:00 a.m. on Thursday to 6:00 p.m. on the following Sunday. Signs are not allowed Monday through Wednesday;
- Must be at least 5 feet from the edge of a public street;
- Must not be located within the right-of-way of state or county roads;
- Must have the consent of the underlying property owner;
- Must not be posted on fences, trees, or utility poles;
- Must not obstruct driver visibility at intersections;
- Must be no larger than 3 square feet in area and no higher than 6 feet above the ground;
- Limited to one per parcel of property for the same topic, location, event or matter.
- If you have any questions, please call the planning division at 952.939.8290.